Crispy Air Fry Chicken Burgers
- 2x chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in half
- Plain flour
- 2x eggs
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 2 x burger buns (we used brioche)
- Desired condiments & garnishes
- Ninja Foodi Dual Zone Air Fryer* (or similar)
- 3 wide, shallow dishes
- 1 large plate, for resting chicken
- Cling film
- Take your 3 wide, shallow dishes – place the plain flour into one of them, crack the 2 eggs into the second and whisk, and add the panko breadcrumbs into the third dish. Season the flour with the spices (adjust to suit your own taste requirements), add a generous pinch of salt and black pepper and gently combine using a spoon.
- Using tongs, dip each butterflied chicken breast into the seasoned flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs, turning several times to ensure they’re fully coated.
- Rest the coated chicken breasts on a large plate, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, but ideally for 1-2 hours.
- Once rested, use tongs to place the coated chicken breasts into the drawer compartment of your air fryer.
- Program using Air Fry mode for 15 minutes at 200°c. Press start.
- After 10 minutes, remove the drawer (the program will automatically stop*) and turn the chicken breast to encourage even browning.
- Once the 15-minute program has ended start a new program using Max Crisp* for 5 minutes (default, 240°c)
- Et voìla! Assemble your cooked chicken breasts atop a toasted brioche bun, adding condiments and garnish as desired. I love mine with sriracha mayo, pickles and a good dollop of coleslaw. Serve with sweet potatoes fries on the side (these can be cooked alongside the chicken in the second drawer; just sync your programs so they finish cooking at the same time)