hi, i’m kate – it’s lovely to meet you!
I established Fabric of my Life in May 2009 as an online scrapbook of inspiration; a place where I could hoard all my favourite visual imagery, design ideas, thoughts and musings into one big magpie’s nest.
Since then Fabric of my Life has grown into a personal passion project, incorporating my love of interiors, design, food and travel, and has afforded me a wealth of opportunities that I could not possibly have imagined when I sat down to pen my first post! It’s also helped me to chart my career in PR & Marketing; working first for a London boutique agency, before joining a design & architecture agency as director, and now working freelance for an array of independent brands and solo business owners following my relocation from London to Manchester. In mid-2020 I founded a second website, Fabric of the North, to celebrate mindful, aesthetic and sustainable businesses in the North of England.
I’ve been lucky enough to travel extensively in Europe over the past ten years, as well as visiting New York, Johannesburg, Morocco and Qatar with this blog, and enjoy nothing more than chronicling my adventures here in my own little corner of cyberspace and sharing them with you all.
So thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I really do appreciate each and every comment and love hearing from you. If you want to get in touch with a collaboration idea, content suggestion or just general chit-chat, feel free to email me* on kate (at) fabricofmylife (dot) co (dot) uk.
I look forward to hearing from you!
*I only ever feature posts I’ve written myself and do not accept third-party content.
Find me featured elsewhere:
- Livingetc: 5 ways to style the IKEA Buskbo chair
- The Strategist UK: Best duvets, according to the experts
- The Strategist UK: Best duvet covers, according to the experts
- Amara: Top 9 tips for creating a motivational home office
- Creative Boom: 50 of the best websites for daily inspiration
- Knomo: People of Action
- Great British Life: Local influencers you need to be following
- Utility Design Follows
- The Telegraph: How Pinterest is transforming our homes
- Red Online: Best interior design blogs
- Ideal Home: London’s best interior bloggers
- The Resident: London’s best interiors bloggers
- Times Online: 50 of the world’s best design blogs